Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Yields: 2-3 servings
21 Day Fix approved: 1 Yellow
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil. Enough to lightly and evenly coat the fries
- Salt, pepper (and spices if desired: cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika). Garlic is great as well!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into strips. Try to cut them into similarly sized pieces about 1/4" in thickness so the fries will bake evenly.
- Toss the uncooked fries into a mixing bowl. Pour a tablespoon of olive oil, enough to lightly coat the fries. Season with salt, pepper, and spices.
- Lay out the fries evenly in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. You can lightly grease the foil or coat with non-stick spray to keep the fries from sticking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, then flip the fries so they can evenly cook on all sides. I find the easiest way to flip them is with a metal spatula. Section by section, scoop up a few fries and flip them with a quick turn of the wrist.
- Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until the fries are crispy. You’ll know they’re done when the surface of the fries change from shiny orange to a more matte, puffed up texture. It's essential to bake them long enough, otherwise they won't be crispy. Don't worry if the edges are a little bit brown; they will taste more caramelized than burnt.