Beef & Butternut Squash Stew
Yields 4-6 servings (approximately 1-1/2 cups each)
21 Day Fix approved: 1 Green, 1 Red
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds raw lean beef stew meat, boneless, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beef is brown.
- Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, bay leaf, salt, pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Add squash; cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and beef is fork tender.
- Remove bay leaf; serve topped with parsley.
- You can store cooked beef stew in refrigerator for up to four days, or freeze for up to three months.