This is one of my favorite new breakfast recipes! For those who are on-the-go, in a rush to get out the door, or just tired of your current breakfast routine, this is the perfect recipe for you! It also works great as a snack or even dessert if you add chocolate chips, which clearly you can tell I did!
This recipe makes 12 servings
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 -1/2 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 cup chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- Optional toppings: blueberries, raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips, pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, chia seeds (if using), cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Finally, pour in milk and combine.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Divide mixture evenly into muffin tin cups. I used a 1/4 measuring cup, measure just a tad under 1/4 cup to make 12 servings.
- Add the toppings...
- Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!!