Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins
Yields 12 muffins, 6 servings
21 Day Fix approved: 1-1/2 Red
Paleo & 21 Day Sugar Detox approved
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic (I used garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce, divided
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup green onions (scallions)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the over to 425 degrees. Prepare 12 cups of a muffin tin with parchment paper liners.
- Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet and season with the granulated garlic, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Working in a large bowl, shred the chicken by pulling the meat apart with 2 forks. Pour 1/4 cup of the wing sauce over the chicken and toss to combine.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, the remaining 1/4 cup wing sauce, green onions, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin cups, filling them approximately halfway. Gently spoon about 1/4 cup of the shredded chicken into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the muffins rise and become golden brown around the edges.