Sugar-Free, Grain-Free "Buttermilk" Biscuits
Yields 4 servings, 8 buns
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk, canned
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons gelatin
- 4 eggs, cold
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, and gelatin in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk mixture, coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Let sit for 5 minutes. The consistency of the batter should be similar to that of a thick pancake batter - it should not spread much on its own when put on the baking sheet. If the batter seems too runny, add 1 tablespoon of sifted coconut flour and blend well.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and gently spread it into 3-inch circles. Bake for 12-17 minutes or until the buns feel springy in the center when gently pressed.
- These buns may be reheated the next day in a toaster or toaster over!