Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
Yields 8 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled/seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups worth)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (I used coconut palm sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat over to 425 degrees with rack on upper middle position. Line baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the squash with olive oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, kosher salt, and pepper until thoroughly coated. Transfer to foil-lined baking sheet, in a single layer, without overcrowding the pieces.
- Roast about 30-35 minutes, rotating the pan midway during baking. When edges are browned and the cubes are fork-tender, remove from oven immediately. You may want to start checking around 30 minutes, just to ensure that they don't become overcooked.