Clean Steak Fajitas
Yields 4 servings (2 fajitas each)
21 Day Fix approved: 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red , 1 Teaspoon
- 1-1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium green (or red or yellow) bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound raw extra-lean beef sirloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warm
- *Optional toppings: fresh salsa, avocado, mozzarella cheese, jalapeno
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onion; cook. stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add beef, chili powder, cumin, pepper flakes, and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink.
- Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture and any additional toppings.