Crispy Plantain Chips
Yields: 2-4 servings for 1 to 2 plantains
- 1-2 ripe (green) plantains
- 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Slice plantains into very thin slices (sharp knife will work but potato peeler gives the most consistent slices).
- Heat coconut oil in large flat skillet on medium heat.
- Fry plantain slices in a single layer for 1-2 minutes per side or until desired crispness.
- Place on paper towel to drain/cool. Sprinkle with sea salt & enjoy!
1. If you use a green plantain, it will be easier to cut into thin slices and will give you a crispier chip.
2. If the plantain is more ripe and yellow, it will cook slightly puffier and have a sweeter flavor.
Try them both and see what you like better!