No-Bake Almond Joy Protein Bars
Yields 8 bars
- 1-1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 scoops protein powder (I used vanilla Shakeology)
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (almond milk will work too)
- Handful of slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix shredded coconut, coconut oil, protein powder, coconut milk, and honey. Mix by hand or put it in a blender and pulse a few times.
- Spread mixture into an 8" x 8" pan and stick it in the freezer while you complete step 3.
- Melt dark chocolate in microwave at 30 second intervals until fully melted. Take mixture out of the freezer and pour chocolate until the top is covered. Sprinkle the slivered almonds on top of the chocolate.
- Put back into the freezer until chocolate is hard (about 1 hour).