Healthy No-Bake Apple Pie Protein Bars
Yields 6 large bars or 12 smaller bars
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour (you can make your own by pulsing regular oats in a blender or food processor until they are ground into a powder-like consistency)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted (can sub for almond flour or more oat flour)
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (I used vanilla Shakeology)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener of choice, optional (I used coconut palm sugar)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can sub for any nut butter)
- 1/2 cup maple syurp
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon + (might need a tiny bit more depending on your batter) milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- Line a 9" x 9" baking dish with greased paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, granulated sweetener (optional), cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the nut butter and maple syrup and heat until melted (I did approximately 20-25 seconds). Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. Add the unsweetened applesauce and mix until combined - the batter should be crumbly.
- Using a spoon, add the milk one spoonful at a time until a thick, firm batter is formed.
- Transfer to the lined baking dish and press firmly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before cutting.