Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Bread
Yields 2 loaves, 16 servings
Calories per serving:
- 15 ounces puréed pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 2-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup organic rolled oats (save 1 teaspoon for sprinkling on top)
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly apply cooking spray to two loaf pans.
- Place the pumpkin, eggs, oil, applesauce, and water in a large mixing bowl. Blend it together using a hand mixer until creamy.
- Mix the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and spices in a smaller mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and, using a spoon, mix thoroughly until smooth. Pour half the batter into each greased pan. Sprinkle the tops with rolled oats.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Allow to cool in the pans before removing.