Healthy Turkey Chili
Yields 6 servings, 1 cup each
21 Day Fix approved: 1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1/2 Yellow per serving
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans (or pinto beans), drained, rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can all-natural diced tomatoes
- 12 fresh cilantro sprigs, finely chopped (for garnish; optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add beans and tomatoes (with liquid). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with cilantro.