Zucchini Pizza Bites
Yields 15-20 bites
21 Day Fix approved: 2 Green, 1/4 Purple, 1 Blue, 1/4 Red (If using Pepperoni)
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/4 cup mini pepperoni pieces, optional
- Italian seasoning, for sprinkling
- *Optional toppings: green bell pepper, jalapeños, olives, mushrooms
- Spray both sides of zucchini rounds lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil or grill the zucchini rounds for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place cooked zucchini rounds on a large lined baking sheet. Top with small amounts of sauce, cheese and pepperoni pieces, or additional toppings, if desired. Broil for an additional 1-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted, careful not to burn. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and serve warm.